Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel why cant A(row()) replace A1 or A2 to repet formula dn rows

I want to copy formula down many rows but don't want to have to retype row
numbers at every different row
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I assume you're wanting to "build" a cell reference that increments as you
copy a formula.

Post the formula you want to copy and include a more detailed explanation.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jimmy" wrote in message
I want to copy formula down many rows but don't want to have to retype row
numbers at every different row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=INDIRECT("A" & ROW(A1))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"jimmy" wrote:

I want to copy formula down many rows but don't want to have to retype row
numbers at every different row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

jimmy wrote:
I want to copy formula down many rows but don't want to have to retype row
numbers at every different row

this is the easiest way.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4734730_form...ning-fast.html

gls858