Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Moving a template from XP to Win 7

I've used Excel 2003 on my XP computer for a number of years. In the
course of time, I created several macros with associated buttons, to
perform certain formatting options I regularly use. These are saved in
a .XLT template.

I'm in the process of moving to a brand new Windows & Home Premium 64
bit computer. I reinstalled Office 2003. I copied all my data files,
including my Excel worksheet files to the new computer in the
Documents Library using “Windows Easy Transfer.”

Now here’s where it gets curious. When I open a file in Excel on the
new computer, all my personally designed macro buttons appear on the
main toolbar exactly as on the WinXP computer. But when I click on
any of them, I get this message:

The file could not be accessed. Try one of the following:
Make sure the specified folder exists
Make sure the folder containing the file is not read-only
Make sure the file name doesn’t contain the following characters <,
etc..
Make sure the file is less than 218 characters

Several questions:
1. How did my macro buttons install themselves on the Windows XP?
2. What/where is the “file which can’t be accessed?
3. Do I have to rewrite the code for each macro and attaché it to the
respective button?
4. On my XP computer there is a template file which is hidden, and
which holds the macro codes. What’s the process of setting this up in
the Windows 7 file structure
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

click on the toolbar
customize