Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default add-ins

Hello,

I have an 'addin' (Autochart) in one of my workbooks that I want to use with
a different workbook. Do I have to re-load it into the 2nd workbook, or is
it now a permanent part of the Excel program?

I think the addin is called 'TM', can someone remind me how to find it in
Excel 2007 please as the instructions I have refer to an earlier version.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do you have a tab called "Add-ns" on your ribbon?
That's were most of my add-ins are found
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an 'addin' (Autochart) in one of my workbooks that I want to use
with a different workbook. Do I have to re-load it into the 2nd workbook,
or is it now a permanent part of the Excel program?

I think the addin is called 'TM', can someone remind me how to find it in
Excel 2007 please as the instructions I have refer to an earlier version.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Add-ins that use commandbars/menus rather than the new ribbon in xl2007
will be placed on the Add-ins tab of the ribbon.

Use Office button Excel Options Addins Manage Excel Add-ins
Go. To select the addin file.

For information addins are contained within their own workbook. Either a
.xla or .xlam file.

Cheers
Andy

KRK wrote:
Hello,

I have an 'addin' (Autochart) in one of my workbooks that I want to use
with a different workbook. Do I have to re-load it into the 2nd
workbook, or is it now a permanent part of the Excel program?

I think the addin is called 'TM', can someone remind me how to find it
in Excel 2007 please as the instructions I have refer to an earlier
version.

Thanks

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default add-ins - Got it, Thanks

I found it, Thanks

The trick was to click on the chart, then the addin appears as a tab at the
top. Open that and the TM prompt appears

Thanks again

KK