Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Mark Rows for scrolling

This seems weird!

I mark row 4 and row 1 and click on Freeze Panes.
Rows 1-3 become frozen.

There's also a black line below Row 6 that acts like another Freeze (Rows
4-6!)
Does anybody have an answer to this?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure what mark means here, but freeze panes will freeze rows above the
activecell and to the left of the activecell.

So if you meant that you selected rows 1:4, then it would only matter what cell
was the activecell. If that activecell is in row 4, then rows 1:3 would be
frozen.

(You can select a multicell range and tab through that selection to experiment.)

And you may be seeing Window|Split. You only get one split/freeze panes per
window. But that doesn't look black to me. It's more grayish--and thicker.

Any chance that it's just a page break or a cell border???? But neither of
these would behave like freeze panes.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Dave,
I'm just now getting around to reading your memo.
I probably just set it up wrong.
I may have clicked on the "number" on the extreme left of the sheet instead
of an active cell.

I'll give it another try tomorrow and let you know how I come out.

Thanks again,
Doug