Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default 52 Work sheets (Tabs)

I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each
week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate
week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel needs to know when you have completed a sheet. Say we pick B9. If you
enter a value in B9 Excel will do the coloring. Enter this event macro in
the worksheet code area:

If Intersect(Target, Range("B9")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 10
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Repeat for each worksheet.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"Mike" wrote:

I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each
week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate
week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Its not working i pasted this in & closed it like you asked i am using cell
B300 for each sheet 1 to 52 & i want to change colour of tabs from blue to
green once B300 is filled

"Mike" wrote:

I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each
week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate
week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Copy/paste into Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _
ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Range("B300")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 10
End Sub

Will work on whichever sheet is active and whenever you manually fill B300
on that sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote:

I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each
week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate
week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This Worked Thank you !! One more question I have a Template for these 52
Weeks if i want to change something in Template is it possible to have the 52
other sheets change as well through Macro,s if possible How

"Mike" wrote:

I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each
week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate
week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Is the Template sheet within the workbook?

What type of changes need to be made to Template sheet that would ripple
through the 52 week sheets?

Probably the easiest method is...................

Manually you can select Template sheet first then Shift + click on last
sheet to group all 53 sheets.

Make changes to Template sheet and will be done to all sheets in the group.

DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when done with your changes.

Gord