-   -   Recover data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/247817-recover-data.html)

Janet A. Thompson

Recover data

When I opened a workbook I had linked data in, I found the linked data gone!
vanished! My coworker says she did not move, rename, or remove any of the
source files. Is there a method in 2007 that would save a backup somewhere
or do I have to reenter/relink this data. GRRRRR
--
Janet A.

Gord Dibben

Recover data

The linked data is gone but are the linking formulas still there?

If not, someone has deleted the links then saved.

Unless you have a backup copy, you are outtaluck.

If formulas still there do you get any errors in the cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:30:03 -0800, Janet A. Thompson
wrote:

When I opened a workbook I had linked data in, I found the linked data gone!
vanished! My coworker says she did not move, rename, or remove any of the
source files. Is there a method in 2007 that would save a backup somewhere
or do I have to reenter/relink this data. GRRRRR

Peo Sjoblom[_3_]

Recover data

Unless there is a copy on a network somewhere or you yourself has maintained
a backup copy you would need to reenter/link the data

Peo Sjoblom