Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default sumif formula

Hi
is it possible to write a sumif formula to get data from two sheet at the
same time.
I want to look for "A4" from Sheet1 & Sheet2 at the same time. the idea here
is if "A4" is in both tabs than give me the sum figure.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just string 2 SUMIFs together:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A10,"A4",Sheet1!B1:B10)+SUMIF(She et2!A1:A10,"A4",Sheet2!B1:B10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rohit" wrote in message
Hi
is it possible to write a sumif formula to get data from two sheet at the
same time.
I want to look for "A4" from Sheet1 & Sheet2 at the same time. the idea
here
is if "A4" is in both tabs than give me the sum figure.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use your sumif formula like this...

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet1!A4,Sheet2!B:B)+SUMIF(Shee t3!A:A,Sheet1!A4,Sheet3!B:B)

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(Ms-Exl-Learner)