Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copying Macro Needed

Hi

I run Excel 2K

I need a macro that copies the contents of cell E7 to cell AG5 then the next
time I run the maco it copies the contents from cell E7 to cell AG6 then the
next time i run the macro it copies cell E7 to cell AG7 etc etc etc....

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'd start at the bottom of the worksheet and look for the next open cell in
column AG.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim DestCell As Range
Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = ActiveSheet

With wks

If IsEmpty(.Range("E7").Value) Then
MsgBox "E7 is empty!" & vbLf & "quitting"
Exit Sub
End If

Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AG").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

'check to see if we went too far up
If DestCell.Row < 5 Then
Set DestCell = .Range("AG5")
End If

DestCell.Value = .Range("e7").Value
End With

End Sub

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hi
since you are moving down column AG, i'm assuming that column AG is empty.
try this...
Sub copyit()
Dim r As Range
Dim ro As Range
Set r = [E7]
Set ro = [AG65000].End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
ro.Value = r.Value
End Sub

this would go into a standard module.

Regards