Roelamp

Default Dynamic Range??? Please Help

=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'Sheet3 (2)'!$A$2:$C$152,2,FALSE)) this is my formula
I would like to be able to add the list. I tried following the dynamic range
instrutions but it's not working. Thank you

hen I add to the list I want some with the formula and so without. Is that
possible.
Don Guillett

What determines the bottom of your list? Col a, b or c?
on the sheet where the list isinsertnamedefinename it mylist or whatever
in the refers to box type

=offset($a$2,0,0,counta($a:$a),3)
then =IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,mylist,2,0))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Roelamp" wrote in message
=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'Sheet3 (2)'!$A$2:$C$152,2,FALSE)) this is my

formula
I would like to be able to add the list. I tried following the dynamic

range
instrutions but it's not working. Thank you

hen I add to the list I want some with the formula and so without. Is that
possible.

Roelamp

OMG...I know I'm getting closer I hope...it is column A that I would like to
add to.

Before I get you confussed which I do easily...my list is on another sheet
as in my formula. On my working sheet I have a drop down box, once this is
done can I just type the new item in my working sheet, or does it have to be
done on the master sheet? Sorry for sounding so stupid! Thanks

"Roelamp" wrote in message
=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'Sheet3 (2)'!$A$2:$C$152,2,FALSE)) this is my

formula
I would like to be able to add the list. I tried following the dynamic

range
instrutions but it's not working. Thank you

hen I add to the list I want some with the formula and so without. Is that
possible.

Bob Phillips

It must be column A, that is the id column.

You must add the item to the master sheet.

The formula to define 'mylist' should be

=OFFSET($A$2,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)-1,3)

if row 1 is ued as a heading. Make sure that you are on the master sheet
when you define this n amed range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Roelamp" wrote in message
=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'Sheet3 (2)'!$A$2:$C$152,2,FALSE)) this is my

formula
I would like to be able to add the list. I tried following the dynamic

range
instrutions but it's not working. Thank you

hen I add to the list I want some with the formula and so without. Is

that
possible.

Roelamp

Hi again,
it is not working and i can't figure out why. it's still not accepting it on
my worksheet.
i did the mylist thing, where does the "then" formula go? I tried several
different ways. Thank you for trying to help me and sorry to be a pain.

"Roelamp" wrote in message
=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'Sheet3 (2)'!$A$2:$C$152,2,FALSE)) this is my
formula
I would like to be able to add the list. I tried following the dynamic
range
instrutions but it's not working. Thank you

hen I add to the list I want some with the formula and so without. Is

that
possible.

Don Guillett

Send one of us a SMALL workbook to look at

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software