Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Reporting totals across mutiple worksheets.

In Excel, I have 3 worksheets that have the same column headings with data
occurrences indicated by the letter X in the cells.
On a 4th worksheet, I want to show a running total of each column found on
the previous 3 sheets.
On the 4th sheet I need to show each total in a separate row because each of
the first 3 sheets are for different site locations and I want to see each
sites information separately as well.
I additionally want to be able to total the reported results on sheet 4 for
each column.
Can anyone help me accomplish this task?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One idea to build the summary ..
In the summary sheet (your 4th sheet),
Let's say you want to count the # of x's in each col in the other 3 data
sheets
List your data sheetnames in A2 down (ensure no typos)
Then in B2:
=COUNTIF(OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&$A2&"'!A:A"),,COLUMNS ($A:A)-1),"x")
Copy across as far as required, fill down
Any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore