Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Labeling results

I am a new (and inexperienced) user of Excel Office 2007. On a worksheet I
have a set of daily values say between 50 and 450 in column A. My goal is to
remain under 150 each day, how can I set up a formula in column B to show
the word "Over" for each instance where the value exceeds 150? Can you help
me do this?
Thanks - Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Amazing - Thanks Trevor
Regards
Gene

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
In cell B1, put the formula:

=IF(A1150, "Over","") and copy down

Regards

Trevor

"Gene L." wrote in message
I am a new (and inexperienced) user of Excel Office 2007. On a worksheet I
have a set of daily values say between 50 and 450 in column A. My goal is
to remain under 150 each day, how can I set up a formula in column B to
show the word "Over" for each instance where the value exceeds 150? Can
you help me do this?
Thanks - Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here is the formula:-

=IF(A11150,"Over","")

A11 being the cell in which you have entered the information.

The above formula can be copied to other cells in column B to give you the
results for which you are looking.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!