Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Enforce format

How can I "enforce" a format in a cell in excel so that it allows number
entry only, i.e. it does not allow letters or any other characters.
Thanks in advance.
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In EXCEL 2007:-

Data / Data Tools / Data Validation / Data Validation / Settings tab /
Allow: field - in here you can do what you want plus a variety of other
options.

Thanks!