MBlake

Default Save Good Ideas

Hi,
When I am working on my websites I save 'snippets' of code for use
elsewhere. These 'snippets' are quickly called from the software
(Dreamweaver). There are tons of great posts here and I am sure that many
of the code examples can be used elsewhere. Is there a way to store
snippets' in Excel or is it a case of keeping Notepad files in a folder?.

Mickey

Gord Dibben

Mickey

I find that saving the examples in an Add-in that I load with Excel works for
me.

Just create a new workbook and ALT + F11 to go to Visual Basic Editor.

CTRL + r to open Project Explorer.

Select your workbook/project and insert a few modules.

Save the snippets in appropriately named modules and they are always available
for all workbooks and for copying/testing/editing/exporting as *.bas files or
whatever.

FileSave AsFile TypeAdd-in(*.xla)

I even try to to remember to attribute the snippets to the originator using
comments in the code.

But in my haste to "snippet" I sometimes forget the attribution.

Apologies to all for this neglect.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 May 2005 23:23:55 +0100, "MBlake"
wrote:

Hi,
When I am working on my websites I save 'snippets' of code for use
elsewhere. These 'snippets' are quickly called from the software
(Dreamweaver). There are tons of great posts here and I am sure that many
of the code examples can be used elsewhere. Is there a way to store
snippets' in Excel or is it a case of keeping Notepad files in a folder?.

Mickey

Bob Phillips

Hi Mickey,

I use the Office Code Librarian, a VBE add-in that came with Office 2000
Developer edition.

This allows creating of categories and pasting your code into the sections.
You can copy or paste into applications from there.

The actual librarian app just uses an Access database, very easy to access
from your own code if so desired.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"MBlake" wrote in message
When I am working on my websites I save 'snippets' of code for use
elsewhere. These 'snippets' are quickly called from the software
(Dreamweaver). There are tons of great posts here and I am sure that

many
of the code examples can be used elsewhere. Is there a way to store
snippets' in Excel or is it a case of keeping Notepad files in a folder?.

Mickey

MBlake

Cheers for the replies, very helpful and good ideas on how to deal with this
issue.

Mickey