Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to make this diagram?

Hi!

I've been fiddling about scratching my head and I just can't get what I want
so hopefully someone here can help.

I have one column with timestamps starting from 0:00:00 going up to about
2:10:00 (in theory at least as only a few times are filled), one column of
force data matching the timestamps (0 to 20000) and one column with the type
of the force (Harpie, Merman, Devil).
I can get a graph that shows force over time easily enough, what I cannot do
however is the same, but with teh values split into 3 graph lines, one for
each force type. I would also like it if the horizontal axis could properly
show the time from 0m to 2h so that each mark shows up on the scale at the
apropriate space in time and not evenly spaced.

Any advice on how to do this if at all possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You need to re-arrange your data

First column, the x-axis, should be time stamps (as a number)
First row, the series labels, should be your different forces

Have the numbers then filled in as appropriate, leaving either blank cells
or #N/A where no data is found for a particular force at that time stamp. You
could then create a line or XY plot.

You can either use INDEX/LOOKUP formulas to rearrange your data, or you
could try creating a PivotTable to rearrange data.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M