Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default what is the alternative for PlotArea.Fill. Fill property is hidden

Chart Object.PlotArea.Fill returns ChartFillFormat object. But in 2007 both
the ChartFillFormat object and property Fill of PlotArea are hidden.

Actual requirement is like following.
.PlotArea.Fill.Visible = True
.PlotArea.Fill.OneColorGradient Style:=msoGradientHorizontal, Variant:=1,
Degree:=0.3

But the functionality works fine in Office 2007. But according to Excel
object model 2007 reference above shown property is hidden, can u please
tell me what is hidden. What is the alternative for this property?

Can any one please help me. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi, the colors available in 2007 are more extensive than 2003, also it is my
understanding that not all functionality in the chart area in 2007 can be
recorded so it is difficult to get all the need info. Here is an example
from the Help system

With myChart.ChartArea.Fill
If .Type = msoFillGradient Then
If .GradientColorType = msoGradientOneColor Then
.OneColorGradient Style:= msoGradientFromCorner, _
Variant:= 1, Degree:= 0.3
End With

and a second one:

Set c1f = Charts(1).ChartArea.Fill
If c1f.Type = msoFillGradient And _
c1f.GradientColorType = msoGradientOneColor Then
With Charts(2).ChartArea.Fill
.Visible = True
.OneColorGradient c1f.GradientStyle, _
c1f.GradientVariant, c1f.GradientDegree
End With
End If

I think you will need to muck around in the help system.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire