Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default vlookup return value from 2 columns

Hi All,

Vlookup in it's basic usage is no problem for me but now I need to lookup a
matching value in column 2 & return the values of columns 3 & 4. Preferably
in the format of xxxxxxx & yyyyyyyy since columns 3 & 4 are names.

If you could help with any method that is simple & works would be great.

Cheers
Hugh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just concatenate 2 lookups together. Something like this (all on one line):

=VLOOKUP(A10,B1:D5,2,0)&" & "
&VLOOKUP(A10,B1:D5,3,0)

Or, you can add another column to your table with the names already
concatenated:

=C1&" & "D1

Then do the lookup on this new column:

=VLOOKUP(A10,B1:E5,4,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hugh self taught" wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

Vlookup in it's basic usage is no problem for me but now I need to lookup
matching value in column 2 & return the values of columns 3 & 4.
Preferably
in the format of xxxxxxx & yyyyyyyy since columns 3 & 4 are names.

If you could help with any method that is simple & works would be great.

Cheers
Hugh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Aug 18, 1:57*pm, Hugh self taught
wrote:
Hi All,

Vlookup in it's basic usage is no problem for me but now I need to lookup a
matching value in column 2 & return the values of columns 3 & 4. Preferably
in the format of xxxxxxx & yyyyyyyy since columns 3 & 4 are names.

If you could help with any method that is simple & works would be great.

Cheers
Hugh

Give this try. Change cells in this formula to match your needs.

=VLOOKUP(A1,A7:C9,2)&" "&VLOOKUP(A1,A7:C9,3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
try
You have the value to lookup in cell D2, values in column A from row 1 to 4,
and the information to put together in rows B and C

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(D2=A1:A4)),B1:B4&C1:C4)

change range to fit your needs