Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet

I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to
access from other sheets.

The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able
to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from
other sheets.

I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it
original form:

Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc.
(accross the row)

I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each
sheet but I am having immense problems getting there.

If you can help.
Parker Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Try this sample from my archives, a non-array formulas solution:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key column.

In your case, that key column will be where you have the categories:
Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc

Celebrate success, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore