Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default a summary sheet

Hello, I have a number of sheets in a workbook that have one stock item on
each which I update and then give me a reducing balance. Simply what I want
to do is have a separate sheet which has a summary of the each of the stock
items and automatically updates as I amend each sheet.

Is this possible?
--
kinsey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

kinsey;403772 Wrote:
Hello, I have a number of sheets in a workbook that have one stock item
on
each which I update and then give me a reducing balance. Simply what I
want
to do is have a separate sheet which has a summary of the each of the
stock
items and automatically updates as I amend each sheet.

Is this possible?
--
kinseyNot knowing the structure or range on each of your sheets i suggest

using VLookup on your summary sheet, so lets say in B1 of your summary
sheet you can enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:M20,2,FALSE) this will look at
the name in A1 of your summary sheet and return the value of the match
found in sheet2 from column C (2) from the range A1:M20, the FALSE means
only return a value if its an exact match.

You can work out how to extend this for more data along a row.

Hope this helps.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=112595

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Well we don't know anything about the structure of your spreadsheets, but
lets suppose the number you want to bring back to the Summary sheet is the
last number in column C on each sheet then use something like this

=LOOKUP(9^9,Sheet1!C:C)

you will need a separate formula for each sheet.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire