Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Is it possible to do this?

I'm taking column A which has a header, column B has a header. Column A is a
numbering sequence starting with 2.1 in Column A Row 2, Column A Row 3 should
be 2.2, Column A Row 3 should be 2.3, etc down Column A to match the data in
Column B.

Column A
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
etc.
on down Column A

Column B
acap
at-echo
at-nbp
at-rtmp
at-zis
auth
etc.

How can I have this auto file down column A with numbers that have decimals?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

HI,
let's say that 2.1 is in A2 in A3 enter

=A2+0.1

Copy this formula down

"Jim S" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It only works up to 2.9 than it changes to 3.0, 3.1,..,3.9 etc, than it
changes to 4.0, 4.1, etc.

I would like to be able to copy down to 2.1 to 2.191 or higher, than switch
to the next set of numbers such as 3.0 to 3.109 or what ever numbers i would
like at that point.

"Jim S" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this in A2, and copy down as needed:

="2."&ROWS($1:1)

When it's time to change sequence, just use the same formula from A2 and
revise your starting series number.
--
HTH,

RD

"Jim S" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Since you want to switch to whatever number you want, you will need to do it
in steps:

The first step would be to enter the following formula in A2 and copy it
down as far as you want the 2.x's to go:

to begin the 3's or whatever enter

and fill down...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire