Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I apply Banking download connection with excel?

I am using MSN My Money software- Page Valley Bank said, that I could
download tranactions to MSN My Money software thru excel. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

You might get an answer he

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Help carolyn" wrote:

I am using MSN My Money software- Page Valley Bank said, that I could
download tranactions to MSN My Money software thru excel. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hello Carolyn,

Most institutions provide a text file in csv format (Comma Delimited File)
for the download. A csv file can be opened with Excel. (You will need to
locate the download area for your financial institution to download the file.)

When you select open in Excel and have selected the correct folder/directory
where the file should be, where it says file type in the field at the bottom
of the dialog box click the drop down arrow and select Text Files (*.prn;
*.txt; *.csv) and then only the text files with these extensions will be
displayed for selecting.

Select the file to open it and then use Save as and save as an Excel type
file.

Alternatively to open the file you can right click the .csv file in windows
explorer and select Open with and select Excel.

You should then be able to import the Excel file into your other software.
You will need to follow the software instructions for importing an Excel file.

OssieMac