Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default dates comparision

i want a formula for the following issue.
A B C D E F
G H
site patient d1 d2 d3 d4
d5 D6
1 27 sep 27,07 sep 29,07 oct 2,07
Oct 4,07
1 27 Oct 4,07 Oct 6,07 Oct 9,07
Oct 18,07
1 27 Oct 11,07 Oct 13,07 Oct 16,07
Oct 25,07
1 27 Oct 18,07 Oct 20,07 Oct 23,07
Oct 18,07
1 28 Oct 4,07 Oct 6,07 Oct 9,07
Oct 18,07
1 28 Oct 11,07 Oct 13,07 Oct 16,07
Oct 25,07
1 28 Oct 18,07 Oct 20,07 Oct 23,07
Oct 18,07

A = site, B= Patient
C:H= are dates mentioned as d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, D6
Descreption:the data mentioned above is a piece of data to present the
senario.
If site no is 1 and Patient no is 27 then i need the date comparison of D6
with the dates of d1 to d5, if the same date of D6 is found in d1 to d5 of
aparticular site of a particular patient that date i want to be in column I.
eg:
column H2 (D6) = Oct 4,07 of (column A) site=1 of a patient =27 is matching
with d3, so this result date should come on I2, if it is not matching it
sould show as "check".
thanking you,
surya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

In cell I2 enter the array formula

=IF(OR(C2:G2=H2),H2,"check")

array - means you press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to enter the formula in the cell

Copy it down as far as needed.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire