Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Hiding information

I've searched through and seems no one else is having my problem. At the
bottom of my sheet I have a list of names that goes into a drop down list. I
go into format cells -- custom and put in ;;; and it hides the names but
when I click the drop down box where they go the names are still there. That
is what I want. Now I have another list but it is numbers, that go into
another drop down list. When I go to format cells -- custom and put in the
;;; it to hides the numbers but when I click the drop down box for the
numbers only it is blank. I can scroll down and click a blank spot and the
number appears in the cell. My question is why are words showing up in my
drop down lists but when I have a drop down list of numbers the numbers do
not show up? I know they are there I just can't see them. And how do I fix
this?