Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default splitting sales results

we sell products that sometimes get "split" between 2 salespeople. I have set
up a basic spreadsheet that tracks sales and profit but can't figure out how
to account for "half deals" Any help would be appreciated and I can supply a
sample of the sheet if necessary.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message
we sell products that sometimes get "split" between 2 salespeople. I have
set
up a basic spreadsheet that tracks sales and profit but can't figure out
how
to account for "half deals" Any help would be appreciated and I can
supply a
sample of the sheet if necessary.

Depends how you are "tracking" sales and profit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In colums like this:
Date Customer Stk # Front End Holdback Total Gross M.T.D.
Total Average Salesperson #1 Salesperson #2
6/1/2009 JONES M9156 $10.00 $10.00 $20.00 $20.00 $170.08 SEBAS CHASE
6/1/2009 SMITH T9205 $200.00 $10.00 $210.00 $230.00 $170.08 CHASE BARB
6/2/2009 BAUER S9100 $100.00 $10.00 $110.00 $340.00 $170.08 BARB

"Gordon" wrote:

"Myles B" wrote in message
we sell products that sometimes get "split" between 2 salespeople. I have
set
up a basic spreadsheet that tracks sales and profit but can't figure out
how
to account for "half deals" Any help would be appreciated and I can
supply a
sample of the sheet if necessary.

Depends how you are "tracking" sales and profit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message
In colums like this:
Date Customer Stk # Front End Holdback Total Gross M.T.D.
Total Average Salesperson #1 Salesperson #2
6/1/2009 JONES M9156 $10.00 $10.00 $20.00 $20.00 $170.08 SEBAS CHASE
6/1/2009 SMITH T9205 $200.00 $10.00 $210.00 $230.00 $170.08 CHASE BARB
6/2/2009 BAUER S9100 $100.00 $10.00 $110.00 $340.00 $170.08 BARB

So how is the Average per Salesperson calculated in the first place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not concerned about the averages. There is another page that shows total
sales for the month at a glance and I need to be able to show "half deals"
(sales split between salesperson 1 and 2)

"Gordon" wrote:

"Myles B" wrote in message
In colums like this:
Date Customer Stk # Front End Holdback Total Gross M.T.D.
Total Average Salesperson #1 Salesperson #2
6/1/2009 JONES M9156 $10.00 $10.00 $20.00 $20.00 $170.08 SEBAS CHASE
6/1/2009 SMITH T9205 $200.00 $10.00 $210.00 $230.00 $170.08 CHASE BARB
6/2/2009 BAUER S9100 $100.00 $10.00 $110.00 $340.00 $170.08 BARB

So how is the Average per Salesperson calculated in the first place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message
I'm not concerned about the averages. There is another page that shows
total
sales for the month at a glance and I need to be able to show "half deals"
(sales split between salesperson 1 and 2)

I'm now confused. Are you asking how physically, do you split a two-salesman
sale between the two salesmen?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message
Yes so my final results on the recap page show as an example:

BARB 1 1/2 NEW 2 USED TOTAL 3 1/2

I'm sorry I just don't see what the problem is. Set up a separate worksheet
for shared sales and allocate them there, then just link the front sheet to
that sheet....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message
The problem is figuring out how to show 1/2 deals in the final count on
the
other sheet.

Well I don't think you are going to be able to easily. Why not produce an
appendix showing the split sales? Why is it so important? (I used to be a
Management Accountant for several UK corporations...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Don,
I got 1 email from you and replied back, haven't gotten a reply to that one
yet, maybe filtered out (work email)

Gordon,
Not that important just the anal retentiveness in me wanting to properly
track salespeople performance on a monthly basis and not having to do it by
hand.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have you looked in your other email for my most recent email to you?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Gordon" wrote:

"Myles B" wrote in message
Yes so my final results on the recap page show as an example:

BARB 1 1/2 NEW 2 USED TOTAL 3 1/2

I'm sorry I just don't see what the problem is. Set up a separate
worksheet
for shared sales and allocate them there, then just link the front sheet
that sheet....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Myles B" wrote in message

Gordon,
Not that important just the anal retentiveness in me wanting to properly
track salespeople performance on a monthly basis and not having to do it
by
hand.

Then just use a separate sheet for sales people and summarize it on the
front schedule...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=IF(J2="","",IF(L2="",G2,G2/2))
=IF(L2="","",G2/2)
in the summary
=SUMIF('New Cars'!J:J,A4,'New Cars'!K:K)+SUMIF('New Cars'!L:L,A4,'New
Cars'!M:M)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message

I sent a solution not using macros but using helper columns instead.
If you send me a good email I will resend. Or, look where I sent it.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Gordon" wrote:

"Myles B" wrote in message
Yes so my final results on the recap page show as an example:

BARB 1 1/2 NEW 2 USED TOTAL 3 1/2

I'm sorry I just don't see what the problem is. Set up a separate
worksheet
for shared sales and allocate them there, then just link the front
sheet
that sheet....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
=IF(J2="","",IF(L2="",G2,G2/2))
=IF(L2="","",G2/2)
in the summary
=SUMIF('New Cars'!J:J,A4,'New Cars'!K:K)+SUMIF('New Cars'!L:L,A4,'New
Cars'!M:M)

Why such complication? KISS!!!! If the OP needs to do this, then just have
a subsidiary sheet with the details on it and summarize it on the front
sheet.
As a recently-retired Management Accountant I can guarantee you that
some-one is going to say "give me an analysis of split sales". Why do the
work twice?