-   -   Combobox v Listbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/23322-combobox-v-listbox.html)

MBlake

Combobox v Listbox

Hi,
Is the difference between comboboxes and listboxes only in their display and
in reality both work in the same way?

Mickey

Bob Phillips

No, comboboxes are editable, listboxes are not. The display can be made the
same with property settings.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"MBlake" wrote in message
Is the difference between comboboxes and listboxes only in their display

and
in reality both work in the same way?

Mickey

Dave Peterson

And you could select multiple items in a listbox if you set it up that way.

MBlake wrote:

Hi,
Is the difference between comboboxes and listboxes only in their display and
in reality both work in the same way?

Mickey

--

Dave Peterson

MBlake

Thanks for the replies, I am designing a userform that has to display
specific lists for the user to select from. Once a choice is made from the
first list the second list will be filtered, for example user selects apples
and gets a choice of green or red, if they choose banana they get a choice
of yellow or green. I though it best to use combo boxes but perhaps list
boxes would be the way forward. I would appreciate your thoughts on this..

Mickey

Dave Peterson

If that list is small and can be seen without scrolling, I think (today anyway)
that a listbox is easier to use. (But that could change depending on the
userform, too (footprint space??).)

MBlake wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I am designing a userform that has to display
specific lists for the user to select from. Once a choice is made from the
first list the second list will be filtered, for example user selects apples
and gets a choice of green or red, if they choose banana they get a choice
of yellow or green. I though it best to use combo boxes but perhaps list
boxes would be the way forward. I would appreciate your thoughts on this..

Mickey

--

Dave Peterson

MBlake