Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Chart Questions

Hello,

Thank you all very much for previous help.

Have a line with an arrow head on it on a chart.

The line should be perfectly horiz., but it appears that one end is snapping
to some grid that results in the line being at an angle.

a. Any thoughts as to what is happening, and how to correct ?

b. Is there a "Nudge" function somewhere that I can apply to the line to
move it just a smidgen up or down ?

c. How does one change the default grid on a chart that items seem to
snap-to ?
Or, am I wrong, and there really isn't any (invisible) "grid" ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Have you tried holding SHIFT key as you draw the line?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Thank you all very much for previous help.

Have a line with an arrow head on it on a chart.

The line should be perfectly horiz., but it appears that one end is
snapping to some grid that results in the line being at an angle.

a. Any thoughts as to what is happening, and how to correct ?

b. Is there a "Nudge" function somewhere that I can apply to the line to
move it just a smidgen up or down ?

c. How does one change the default grid on a chart that items seem to
snap-to ?
Or, am I wrong, and there really isn't any (invisible) "grid" ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

There is a nudge function but it moves the whole arrow not one end, you can
turn on the Snap to Grid feature by -
1. choose View, Toolbars, Drawing
2. with the arrow selected choose Draw, Snap, To Grid
3. Drag either end.

This does the same thing as Bernard suggestion.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Robert11" wrote:

Hello,

Thank you all very much for previous help.

Have a line with an arrow head on it on a chart.

The line should be perfectly horiz., but it appears that one end is snapping
to some grid that results in the line being at an angle.

a. Any thoughts as to what is happening, and how to correct ?

b. Is there a "Nudge" function somewhere that I can apply to the line to
move it just a smidgen up or down ?

c. How does one change the default grid on a chart that items seem to
snap-to ?
Or, am I wrong, and there really isn't any (invisible) "grid" ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default From OP: Chart Questions

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Is there any way to set the chart grid spacing, or to see it visually, that
the items will "snap-to" ?

Bob

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...