Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default new to excel

I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to add
totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this makes
sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming the 31 sheets have their totals in same cell.

In Sheet32 in a cell enter =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet31!A10)

Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:11:01 -0700, adbolak
wrote:

I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to add
totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this makes
sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Gord

Typo alert
Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.

to match with your formula, it should be where A10 is the total cell on
each sheet.

Hope all is well with you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote:

I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to
add
totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this
makes
sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

adbolak;360342 Wrote:
I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to
add
totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this
makes
sense.adbolak, we need a little more information than that, where would the

total row be? would it be different for each sheet? are you looking to
re-use the sheets each month to build the monthly data in sheet 32? if
this is the case you cannot do it with formulae alone.....give us a bit
more information and we will do our best to provide a solution! :)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=101064

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
instead of making things complicated with 32 sheets ( which as you can
see are already causing problems) why not make a simple list ?
List feature

You can designate a contiguous range of cells on your worksheet as a
list (list: A series of rows that contains related data or a series of
rows that you designate to function as a datasheet by using the Create
List command.). When you create a list, data defined by the list can be
manipulated independently of data outside of the list. After you create
a list, you can use list features to quickly sort, filter, total, or
publish the data contained within the list.

You can also use the list feature to compartmentalize sets of related
data by organizing that data using multiple lists on a single worksheet.

It is then very easy to use XL's tolls to create summarys, tables,
etc..

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=101064

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Slap forehead and thanks.

Gord

On Thu, 28 May 2009 09:33:05 +0100, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Gord

Typo alert
Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.

to match with your formula, it should be where A10 is the total cell on
each sheet.

Hope all is well with you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Gord and Roger

Or this tip from this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm

Tip: from Lori in the Public.Excel newsgroup on Nov-3-2006

=SUM('*'!A20)

Where the '*' automatically converts to all sheets other than the activate one.
WARNING: Not working in Excel 2002, it crashes the application.

If your workbook have 6 sheets and you enter this formula in sheet3 the formula looks like this.
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!A20,Sheet4:Sheet6!A20)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm