Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Bubble chart that displays profit/loss clusters in a full day

I´ve tried to make a bubble chart that displays profit/losses for a day
trader in the forex market. But I cant get it rigt. The chart gets all wrong.
What I try to is as follows:
The Y axis should be the time of day when the trade was placed and the x
axis should be the profit or loss (positive or negative number) Preferably a
loss should display as a red bubble and a profit should display as a blue
bubble, increasing in size with the size of the profit/loss. Therby I will be
able to identify the time when profit or loss clusters. Here is a example
of the dataset:
$ Time
20,04 16:36
48 16:40
74,66 16:38
-5,08 12:00
5,09 12:03
-4,6 11:59
-27,4 12:05
47,36 11:55
-45,58 03:04
-55,66 00:16
-47,6 20:11
19,2 19:27
8,71 17:49
49,48 16:49
92,23 14:17
-49,88 14:11
11,72 14:01
-34,31 12:48
17,4 10:07
10 09:47
29,33 03:51

I dont know if this is possible to make or if this is the right chart type
to use. If anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Eivind,

Set up your data in three columns, with

Time $ Abs$

in the third column use the formula

=ABS(B2)

and copy down.

Then column A should be used as the X values, column B as the Y values, and column C as the size of
the bubbles. You can change the bubble to area/width, and change the colors, too, by formatting the
series.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP