Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default easy one - multipule formulas in one cell

I'm sure this is easy as pie for you guys -

I'm creating a boxing scorecard and Ive hit the wall. Cells b2:b13 and
c2:c13 are where the scores go. I have the following formula in c2
=if(b2=10,9,10) that will cha column c to what I want. What I'm looking for
is a second formula that will put a zero in column c when I put a zero in
column b and still adhere to the rules of the first formula when applicable.

Also, I cant figure out an autosum function that will only add the cells
with a "10" and not sum all of the 10s. So, a total of rounds won. I can get
12 with the count function but I'd like to get the cell that say 6. I cant
figure it out and I dont know how to add an exception.

I hope I explained it properly and if I was rudimentary I apologize - I
never work with excel.

Thx in advance for your time,

Keeler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Just prefix our exisitng formula with another IF statement, to look as
follows:
=IF(B2=0,0,IF(B2=10,9,10)). As for your second question, you want to add
all the 10's, but then get 6 iso 12? What criteria to use?
--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"rjkeeler11" wrote:

I'm sure this is easy as pie for you guys -

I'm creating a boxing scorecard and Ive hit the wall. Cells b2:b13 and
c2:c13 are where the scores go. I have the following formula in c2
=if(b2=10,9,10) that will cha column c to what I want. What I'm looking for
is a second formula that will put a zero in column c when I put a zero in
column b and still adhere to the rules of the first formula when applicable.

Also, I cant figure out an autosum function that will only add the cells
with a "10" and not sum all of the 10s. So, a total of rounds won. I can get
12 with the count function but I'd like to get the cell that say 6. I cant
figure it out and I dont know how to add an exception.

I hope I explained it properly and if I was rudimentary I apologize - I
never work with excel.

Thx in advance for your time,

Keeler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Plse do not double post! See the reply in General quesitons

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"rjkeeler11" wrote:

I'm sure this is easy as pie for you guys -

I'm creating a boxing scorecard and Ive hit the wall. Cells b2:b13 and
c2:c13 are where the scores go. I have the following formula in c2
=if(b2=10,9,10) that will cha column c to what I want. What I'm looking for
is a second formula that will put a zero in column c when I put a zero in
column b and still adhere to the rules of the first formula when applicable.

Also, I cant figure out an autosum function that will only add the cells
with a "10" and not sum all of the 10s. So, a total of rounds won. I can get
12 with the count function but I'd like to get the cell that say 6. I cant
figure it out and I dont know how to add an exception.

I hope I explained it properly and if I was rudimentary I apologize - I
never work with excel.

Thx in advance for your time,

Keeler

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Don't be silly, the man did not double post! :-)

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail