Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default look up tables and getting rid of the #N/A

When you do not have information for a cell how do you get it to leave the
cell blank or return a zero as opposed to the #N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Typically, you would pre-test for the item to find....
Here are a couple ways:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("find_me",A1:A10,0)),VLOOKUP("f ind_me",A1:C10,3,0),"")
or
=IF(COUNTIF("find_me",A1:A10),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1 :C10,3,0),"")

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"smiley61799" wrote in message
When you do not have information for a cell how do you get it to leave the
cell blank or return a zero as opposed to the #N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In xl2003, you can use a formula like:

=if(isna(vlookup(...)),"",vlookup(...))
or
=if(isna(vlookup(...)),0,vlookup(...))

In xl2007, you can use the =iferror() function.
=iferror(vlookup(...),"")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not good at this at all, novice at best. This is my current formula,
are you able to tell me how to alter my formula to yield a - or 0? I
appreciate your help

=VLOOKUP(F12:F45,Sheet3!G4:H51,2,FALSE)