Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel QAT

I am currently using 07Excel.
Which file saves/stores QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) setting?
In case of reformatting and re-installing office07, the file containing QAT
would be convenient.
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Jorge

Excel saves your QAT setup in a file named "Excel.qat" in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat

In Vista you can find it here
C:\Users\<username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office \Excel.qat

Note: This file will not exist if you have not customized your QAT

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote in message ...
I am currently using 07Excel.
Which file saves/stores QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) setting?
In case of reformatting and re-installing office07, the file containing QAT
would be convenient.
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks.
I found it. I also found these qat files in the same folder:

olkapptitem.qat
olkmailitem.qat
olkmailread.qat

What are these files?

Jorge,

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Jorge
Excel saves your QAT setup in a file named "Excel.qat" in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat

In Vista you can find it here
C:\Users\<username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office \Excel.qat

Note: This file will not exist if you have not customized your QAT

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote in message
I am currently using 07Excel.
Which file saves/stores QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) setting?
In case of reformatting and re-installing office07, the file containing
QAT would be convenient.
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi jorge

This is for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Contacts
Calendar
Distribution list
Journal entry