Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default help with pervcentages

Walker YES
at he end of the line I need to show yes and no in percentages, and as I add
additional clients this percentage changes

Thanks in advance

Cook YES
Vailes NO
Coleman YES
Correa YES
Leavitt NO
Branch YES
Forbes NO
Walrath NO
Bryant YES

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do you mean this

=COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B1)/COUNTA($B$1:B1)

formatted as percentage?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Edgar G" wrote in message
Walker YES
at he end of the line I need to show yes and no in percentages, and as I
add
additional clients this percentage changes

Thanks in advance

Cook YES
Vailes NO
Coleman YES
Correa YES
Leavitt NO
Branch YES
Forbes NO
Walrath NO
Bryant YES

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This will give you the percentage of "YES" in the range of B1:B100

=COUNTIF(B1:B100,"yes")/COUNTA(B1:B100)

Make the range large enough to accomodate new entries.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP