Featherstony

Default How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the workbo.

I am trying to enter data in a column of one worksheet and have the data show
up in another worksheet in the same workbook. I have tried to highlite the
colum and use "=" : highlite the other colum on the other wroksheet and hit
<enter. This does not work. Any suggestions?
Gord Dibben

Feather

AFAIK this cannot be done on entire columns.

Enter the = sign in A1 then switch to other sheet and select A1 and ENTER.

Now just drag/copy that formula down as far as you wish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:53:02 -0700, Featherstony
wrote:

I am trying to enter data in a column of one worksheet and have the data show
up in another worksheet in the same workbook. I have tried to highlite the
colum and use "=" : highlite the other colum on the other wroksheet and hit
<enter. This does not work. Any suggestions?

Featherstony

Gord Dibben
Thanks
Works good, however I am using dates. When no date is entered I get
1/00/00. Is there a way to correct this. Instead of 1/0/00 have the cell
blank?

wrote:

I am trying to enter data in a column of one worksheet and have the data show
up in another worksheet in the same workbook. I have tried to highlite the
colum and use "=" : highlite the other colum on the other wroksheet and hit
<enter. This does not work. Any suggestions?

Gord Dibben

Feather

Method 1. Hide the zeros using ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck "zero values"

Method 2. Use an IF formula in the linked cells.

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1,"",Sheet1A1)

If you have a great whack of these to do, run this macro on the selected
range.

Sub ISBLANK_Add()
Dim myStr As String
Dim cel As Range
For Each cel In Selection
If cel.HasFormula = True Then
If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISBLANK*" Then
myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
cel.Value = "=IF(ISBLANK(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
Next
End Sub

Gord