Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Looking for a 1 week staffing schedule that tallies hours

I need a program that will tally the individual empoyees weekly hours. Can
not go over 40hrs a week and I am spending too much time in the calculations.
My pc is a 2004 windows xp pro
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Chef Brady,
This is what I came up with:
In Cell A1 type "Date", Cell B1 type "Time In", Cell C1 type "Time Out",
Cell D1 type "Total hours per Day", Cell E1 type "Total hours per week", Cell
F1 type "Straight time", Cell G1 type "Overtime Hours"
Cell A2 and A3 format Date in "3-Feb-08"
Cell B2 format in Time "13:30", Cell C2 blank
Cell B3 format in Time "13:30"
Cell C3 format in Number with 2 decimal places, formula in C3
"=(24*(A3-A2)+24*(C3-B2))"

Cell A4 and A5 format Date in "4-Feb-08"
Cell B4 format in Time "13:30", Cell C4 blank
Cell B5 format in Time "13:30"
Cell C5 format in Number with 2 decimal places, formula in C5
"=(24*(A5-A4)+24*(C5-B4))"

Cell A6 and A7 format Date in "5-Feb-08"
Cell B6 format in Time "13:30", Cell C6 blank
Cell B7 format in Time "13:30"
Cell C7 format in Number with 2 decimal places, formula in C7
"=(24*(A7-A6)+24*(C7-B6))"

Cell A8 and A9 format Date in "6-Feb-08"
Cell B8 format in Time "13:30", Cell C8 blank
Cell B9 format in Time "13:30"
Cell C9 format in Number with 2 decimal places, formula in C9
"=(24*(A9-A8)+24*(C9-B8))"

Cell A10 and A11 format Date in "7-Feb-08"
Cell B10 format in Time "13:30", Cell C10 blank
Cell B11 format in Time "13:30"
Cell C11 format in Number with 2 decimal places, formula in C11
"=(24*(A11-A10)+24*(C11-B10))"

Cells E11,F11 and G11 format in Number with 2 decimal places.
Cell E11 type "=SUM(D3:D11)", Cell F1 type
"=IF(SUM(D3:D11)40,40,SUM(D3:D11))", Cell G11 type
"=IF(E11<40,0,SUM(E11-F11))"

This is for one individual over five (5) days, but you get the general idea.
hth
Dennis