Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default names ans addresses

hi to everyone,
have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
writings to me

my first question is

i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
and for each column i want
name first name introd by like dislike
address

now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate
the others and only to bring up those that like that subject

please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Welcome to To The Code Cage, we hope you will enjoy your
experience here and being part of our community!

Bobbydog, didn't i answer a question like this for you on the MS
newsgroups?, anyway, post a workbook with your structure and dummy data
and i can help you directly with that!

Attatchments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attatchments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.

bobbydog;271886 Wrote:
hi to everyone,
have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
writings to me

my first question is

i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
and for each column i want
name first name introd by like dislike
address

now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the
others and only to bring up those that like that subject

please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To paraphrase, you want to be able to enter a word, and only see those rows
that contain that word in the like/dislike column (respectively)?

Select the row that contains your headers. Go to Data - Filter -AutoFilter.
You should now see several little arrows(drop downs). In your like column,
open the drop down, choose custom. Make sure first box is on "contains" and
in the second box, type the word you want to find.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bobbydog" wrote:

hi to everyone,
have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
writings to me

my first question is

i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
and for each column i want
name first name introd by like dislike
address

now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate
the others and only to bring up those that like that subject

please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

mrs a mary hants theatre
mrs b jill oxford gardens/theatre
mrs c joan london theatre
mrs d milly london gardens/theatre
x 800 molly bucks trips
x800 x800 trips
hopefully this will upload and thanks for being nice

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Across row 1 enter your column titles like Name First Name Address Introd
By Like Dislike

That would be in cells A1 through F1

Now add your data for each person in the cells below these titles.

Then DataFilterAutofilter.

Select a column and filter for what you want to see.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:54:09 +0000, bobbydog
wrote:

hi to everyone,
have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
writings to me

my first question is

i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
and for each column i want
name first name introd by like dislike
address

now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate
the others and only to bring up those that like that subject

please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

luke m

you are a star to the power of 10

if i need ought else can i call upon you
many many cheers and have a beer
:):):):)
--- Automerged consecutive post before response ---
goes for you too gord dibben 5*

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks bobbydog. I'm on here fairly often and will usually lend a helping
hand/thought if I can, and if not, there's plenty of other knowledgeable
people on here too who can probably help out.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bobbydog" wrote:

luke m

you are a star to the power of 10

if i need ought else can i call upon you
many many cheers and have a beer
:):):):)
--- Automerged consecutive post before response ---
goes for you too gord dibben 5*

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hi luke
next prob for an excel newbie (total)
if in the left hand column A1 i start to write an address, it
continues in a long horizontal line
and if at any time i want to start a new line then it goes into A2
what i want to do is to put in a full address as it would appear on an
envelope
HOW

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In one cell?

You could try Formatting to Wrap Text and Autofit Row

Or whenever you want a linefeed in a cell hit Alt + Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP