-   -   HARD DRIVE (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/223866-hard-drive.html)

denise

HARD DRIVE

How do I find out my hard drive size.

Roger Govier[_3_]

HARD DRIVE

Hi Denise

In Windows Explorer or My Computer, right click on the Drive
letterproperties

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"DENISE" wrote in message
How do I find out my hard drive size.

Gordon[_9_]

HARD DRIVE

"DENISE" wrote in message
How do I find out my hard drive size.

My Computer or Computer depending on your OS. How is this an EXCEL question?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gary''s Student

HARD DRIVE

Easy:

Sub servient()
sPath = "C:"
Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set drv = oFs.GetDrive(oFs.GetDriveName(sPath))
fullsize = drv.TotalSize
MsgBox (fullsize)

Gary''s Student - gsnu200837

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Easy:

Sub servient()
sPath = "C:"
Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set drv = oFs.GetDrive(oFs.GetDriveName(sPath))
fullsize = drv.TotalSize
MsgBox (fullsize)
End Sub

ROTFLMAO!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gary''s Student

HARD DRIVE

Its the only answer that makes sense in an Excel context. If the poster was
interested in the physical size rather than the disk capacity, the answer
would have been to open the computer and measure the length, width, and
height with a tape measure!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Gordon" wrote:

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Easy:

Sub servient()
sPath = "C:"
Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set drv = oFs.GetDrive(oFs.GetDriveName(sPath))
fullsize = drv.TotalSize
MsgBox (fullsize)
End Sub

ROTFLMAO!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

JLatham

HARD DRIVE

But we had insufficient information to properly answer it in that context:
inches or cm was not specified. So, I believe your response is accurate and
within context <g

"Gordon" wrote:

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Easy:

Sub servient()
sPath = "C:"
Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set drv = oFs.GetDrive(oFs.GetDriveName(sPath))
fullsize = drv.TotalSize
MsgBox (fullsize)
End Sub

ROTFLMAO!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

JLatham

HARD DRIVE

May not have specifically been an Excel question - but she had smarts enough
to come to the group that she knew could handle an adhoc question!