Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
s s is offline

Default Excel Percentage

I am drawing a blank. I am developing a comprehensive budget and am required
to show the percentage for each of the expenditures. In the end, the
percentages should total to 100.

Example,

$66.00 out of $100.00 = 20%

$44.00 out of $100.00 = 10%

$33.00 out of $100.00 = 90%

I do not remember how to put formulate the formula in excel 2007.

Please help.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't understand your figures
but to get % of any number
enter the number in A1
percentage in B1 either as 0.10 for 10% or format it as a percentage and
enter 10
then enter this in C1
=A1*B1

"S" wrote:

I am drawing a blank. I am developing a comprehensive budget and am required
to show the percentage for each of the expenditures. In the end, the
percentages should total to 100.

Example,

$66.00 out of $100.00 = 20%

$44.00 out of $100.00 = 10%

$33.00 out of $100.00 = 90%

I do not remember how to put formulate the formula in excel 2007.

Please help.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
s s is offline

Hi Sheeloo

Please allow me to re-explain.

I have three categories that should total to $500.00 and I additionally need
to show these values as percentages.

Category A is $66.00 (now I need to show $66.00 in the percentage phase is
X% of the $500.00).

So in the end, I am attempting to show the breakdown in the percentage value
for each of the categories.

I hope that I explained what I need to both of our understanding.

Thank you again.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!

"S" wrote:

I am drawing a blank. I am developing a comprehensive budget and am required
to show the percentage for each of the expenditures. In the end, the
percentages should total to 100.

Example,

$66.00 out of $100.00 = 20%

$44.00 out of $100.00 = 10%

$33.00 out of $100.00 = 90%

I do not remember how to put formulate the formula in excel 2007.

Please help.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just divide:

A1 = 66
B1 = 500

=A1/B1

Format as Percentage

66 is 13.2% of 500

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"S" wrote:

I am drawing a blank. I am developing a comprehensive budget and am
required
to show the percentage for each of the expenditures. In the end, the
percentages should total to 100.

Example,

$66.00 out of $100.00 = 20%

$44.00 out of $100.00 = 10%

$33.00 out of $100.00 = 90%

I do not remember how to put formulate the formula in excel 2007.

Please help.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
s s is offline

Thank you! Thank you!
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Just divide:

A1 = 66
B1 = 500

=A1/B1

Format as Percentage

66 is 13.2% of 500

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"S" wrote:

I am drawing a blank. I am developing a comprehensive budget and am
required
to show the percentage for each of the expenditures. In the end, the
percentages should total to 100.

Example,

$66.00 out of $100.00 = 20%

$44.00 out of $100.00 = 10%

$33.00 out of $100.00 = 90%

I do not remember how to put formulate the formula in excel 2007.

Please help.
--
Thank you.

You are awesome!