Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mg mg is offline

Default Making custom templates with formulas

Hello all.
I am new at Excel and have read most all the threads here and I believe this
is definitely the place for me to come for help.
Thank you in advance for any advice you may have for me.
I am trying to make up some templates where I will be able to use the same
formula repeatedly on a month to month basis.
Right now this is all Greek to me but I'm sure I can learn.
I have Excel 2000.
I'd like to set up a few different templates but am not sure how to enter
the formulas and save them.
First template I'd like to set up would be one with 7 columns and up to 50
rows.
Column A would be date
Column B would be a given invoice #.
Column C would be a given amount from an invoice.
Clolumn D would be column C times 5 percent
Column E would be an entered varying # or sometimes zero
Column F would be Column C plus column D
Is there a formula I could put in to these columns to do these functions?
I sure hope so !!! It would sure make my job easier.I have a few more
templates I would like to set up but I won't ask about them unless this is
even "doable"...
Thank you for any help.
MG:)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter your column headings in Row1
Then type this in D2 and press ENTER
=C2*5

It will show 0 till you enter something in C2. To avoid that you can use
=IF(C2="","",C2*5)

Similary enter in F2
=C2+D2
which is same as
=C2*6 since D2 is five times C2

You can copy these down Col C and D

or

"MG" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mg mg is offline

Thank you Sheeloo it worked like a dream...I made two templates with
functions and I'm on a roll. You've made my like a whole lot sweeter.Thank
you very much.
--
MG:)