Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default hard to explain in one line

I have a workbook called invoice, in it I have two tabs called invoice 1 and
invoice 2.
I have another tab called flat glass calc. My problen is this jezzz I hope I
don't get every confused.

flat glass calc tab has several formules, example

A B C D E
35 35 =X1.44 Cx $1.50 = $ amount to charge customer

Size X Size X 144=sq ft Sq X $1.50X 0.0825% tax= amount to customer
I have this the way I need it.
I also have the same formula to give me my cost + tax = tot, ant it works
off the same as the customer formula. Here is what I need to know.
I want to print two invoices ,,,, invoice will show the customers figures
and then it will also print on invoice 2 the actual cost.
I need to know the formula to transfer the from sheet flat glass calc to
invoice 1 , I think I figure the rest out.
Please e-mail me if more info is needed at

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mike,
If the numbers are in inches.
35 inches times 35 inches = 1225 sq in
1225 sq in * (1 sq ft/144 sq in) = 8.50 sq ft
cell D would be "=C2 *$1.50"
cell E would be "=D2 + (D2*0.0825)"

If you have the room on your spreadsheet -
add a column for sales tax, that way if it changes you can change one cell
instead of whole formula.
in cell E1 put in sales tax value (0.0825)
In cell F1 put "=D2 + (D2*$E$1)"
The "$" will lock the cell so you can copy down without it changing.

hth
Dennis