JBurton

Default Workbook Passwords

I have a workbook that has several tabs. I share this workbook with several
people and I'd like for each of them to have their own individual password to
their particular tab of the workbook to view their data, but I'd like to have
a master passord myself so that I don't have to remember each of their
passwords.
Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi JBurton,

I have a workbook that has several tabs. I share this workbook with several
people and I'd like for each of them to have their own individual password to
their particular tab of the workbook to view their data, but I'd like to have
a master passord myself so that I don't have to remember each of their
passwords.

That is not possible in Excel, unless you want to use VBA coding.

I would advise you to consider NOT to do a task like this with Excel (sharing
data and limiting access on a user basis), Excel is not designed for such a
task. If you think (data) security is important and data integrity is of value
to you, don't use excel at all for this.

You would be much better off doing something like this in a true database like
Access.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

Widemonk

Have the main password as your master but for the users, have a simple
command button that prompts an input box for theirs.
If the input is correct, the sheet will be opened using your master password
without actually disclosing it to the user.