Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Gridlines

I would like to make a template with the top 1/3 of the sheet blank and the
the rest with gridlines when I print the page.
How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi aceman
Start by going to menu ToolsOptionsunselect Gridline, now highlight the range
you want to have gridline and goto Format Cells Borders and create your
gridline.
HTH
John
"aceman" wrote in message
I would like to make a template with the top 1/3 of the sheet blank and the
the rest with gridlines when I print the page.
How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The thin pale gridlines taht you see on the screen will not print out, so
that is how you produce the blank part of the sheet - to print grid lines on
the rest of the sheet - hight light the area where you want the lines and
Format Cells Border (tab) and select Outline then inside OK
Hope this helps

"aceman" wrote:

I would like to make a template with the top 1/3 of the sheet blank and the
the rest with gridlines when I print the page.
How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select the cells in the top 1/3 of the sheet and Format them to White
Background.

No, they are "not" already white.............they are "no color".

The gridlines will be hidden.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP