Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default When I type 10 in a cell I keep getting 0.1 instead. Any thoughts

Data in cell. When I type the number 10 in a cell 0.1 comes up instead.
After totalling Nos. 10, 20, 25, 30 & 15 total comes as 0.100 instead of 100;
my formual is =sum(E5:E9). I am using EXcel 2003. I go into general and
click on text so I could keep the numbers as stated. I still get it wrong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Tools/Options/Edit, uncheck the Fixed Decimal places checkbox.

In article ,