Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to automatically populate a cell?

As for your specific request, go to T1 enter"=" and click "A1".
This way upon entering a data into A1, it will be automatically entered to
T1 as well. If you want to repeat it for other rows in column T, drag the T1
up to desired row.
Is this you question?

"RW" wrote:

Is there a way to automatically populate a cell with the same data that is
entered into a different cell?

Say for example I have a 20 column wide spreadsheet. When I enter data into
the cell at row 1, column 'A', I want that data to automatically be entered
into the cell at row 1, column 'T'.

Can this be done? Can I link entire columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Glad to hear that you find the reply yourself. Dragging the left-bottom point
of a cell, is a method to copy the embeded formula across the column or raw.
You should know about relative and absolute reference method, uopn using this
method.