Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Multiplying mins/hrs by number - incorrect result

I am trying to multiple 6h22m by 5.8 people.
When I do the calculations by hand I get I get 36h8m.
The formula gives me 12h55m. The cell formats
are above the numbers. Does anyone know what
I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

H:mm # 2 dec h:mm
6:22 X 5.80 = 12:55

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I think you may need to custom format the cell with *[h]:mm:ss*

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=54604

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The cell that contains the hours worked must be formatted [h]:mm and the
hours worked entered in this format 6:22 the cell doing the calculation
must also be formatted [h]:mm

So in A1 fomatted [h]:mm enter 6:22 in B1 formatted [h]:mm enter
=A1*5.8

Now what do you get? i get 36:55 (you got "36h8m")