Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to check Pivot Table source?

Hi,

I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table
calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the Pivot
is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot?

I don't want to just start new pivot from scratch, as there are different
formulas on that spreadsheet that uses its values.

Thanks,
Marcin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Marcin,

I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table
calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the
Pivot is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot?

Select a cell in the pivot table. Then open the pivot table wizard (Data -
Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report). Click the back button. You will be in
step 2 of the wizard and be able to see and change the data range.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

If you are using 2007:

Select anywhere in the pivot table and choose PivotTable Tools tab, Options
tab, Change Data Source.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire