Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Locking Excel cells

I created a set of documents with Excel in which users can enter data into
cells in an "InputSheet" (sheet 1) which will populate to several other
"recipient template documents" (Sheets 2, 3, 4 etc.). How can I lock the
template sheets so that users can not modify them in any way but by entering
data in the InputSheet?
--
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You have one workbook with multiple worksheets?

The populating is done by linked formulas back to "Inputsheet"?

Just lock all cells on sheets 2, 3 and 4 and Protect those sheets under
ToolsProtection.

Formulas will update but users cannot manually change anything on those
sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP