Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need to carry over text to the next row.

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but you may be looking for wrap
text. Go to Format - Cells - Alignment tab and check the Word Wrap checkbox.

You can also highlight multiple adjoined cells and merge cells to allow for
a larger input space.

Not sure what you mean by end of last row, go to next page. Looking at, when
you reach row 65536, go to sheet 2? That would probably need a macro, though
if you're using that much data, you probably should be using smethign other
than Excel.

"Ken "Bulldawg" Busler" wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel doesn't know how much text is in cell until you hit Enter or Tab or
arrow out of the cell.

Also Excel doesn't know where you last row is unless you somehow tell it.

To do what you want would require VBA and more details.

But I am happy to hear you have figured out "everything else" about Excel
2003

That is quite an accomplishment.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:02:09 -0800, Ken "Bulldawg" Busler <Ken "Bulldawg"
Busler @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I figured out everything that I needed for my particular app, not
"everything", lol.
Anyway, more specifically, I have a form that has 10 blank lines for text. I
want to be able to keep typing without having to enter at the end of each
row, like you are able to in Word. When I reach the end of the row, it will
wrap text into the same cell, but I need it to drop down to the next row,
like an auto return feature.
There would also be an auto return at the end of the 10th line, that would
take me to page 2, where there is another 35 lines for "Additional
Narrative", continued from the first page.
In short, I don't want to have to watch what I am typing and enter at the
end of each line. Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel doesn't know how much text is in cell until you hit Enter or Tab or
arrow out of the cell.

Also Excel doesn't know where you last row is unless you somehow tell it.

To do what you want would require VBA and more details.

But I am happy to hear you have figured out "everything else" about Excel
2003

That is quite an accomplishment.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:02:09 -0800, Ken "Bulldawg" Busler <Ken "Bulldawg"
Busler @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

As I stated............Excel has no method of "auto return".

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel doesn't know how much text is in cell until you hit Enter or Tab or
arrow out of the cell.

Also Excel doesn't know where you last row is unless you somehow tell it.

To do what you want would require VBA and more details.

But I am happy to hear you have figured out "everything else" about Excel
2003

That is quite an accomplishment.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:02:09 -0800, Ken "Bulldawg" Busler <Ken "Bulldawg"
Busler @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I guess I missed the part where you specifically stated "Excel has no method
of "auto return"."

Nice talking to you.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel doesn't know how much text is in cell until you hit Enter or Tab or
arrow out of the cell.

Also Excel doesn't know where you last row is unless you somehow tell it.

To do what you want would require VBA and more details.

But I am happy to hear you have figured out "everything else" about Excel
2003

That is quite an accomplishment.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:02:09 -0800, Ken "Bulldawg" Busler <Ken "Bulldawg"
Busler @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have Excel 2003 and I have figured everything else out except for how to
carry text over to the next row when I reach the end of the previous row. And
at the end of the last row, I'd like to have it automatically go to the
second page onto a specific line. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I guess you missed this part.

Excel doesn't know how much text is in cell until you hit Enter or Tab or
arrow out of the cell.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words.

Gord