Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default automatic total of selected cells

Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the
bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it
back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the
desired function to appear there.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200826

"MarlboroughT&C" wrote:

Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the
bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it
back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And if you're not seeing the status bar, choose Tools/Options/View, and
check the Status Bar checkbox.

In article ,
Gary''s Student wrote:

The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the
desired function to appear there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In Excel-not-for-Mac simply ViewStatus Bar

No need to go through ToolsOptions.

Gord

Gary''s Student wrote:

The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the
desired function to appear there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks, Gord -

Actually, that works in Excel-for-Mac, too. I forget that, though, since
I've gotten rid of the View menu in my normal configuration.