Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
-E -E is offline

Default Adding over 30 worksheets in a workbook

Happy Holidays! How can I SUM the value of the same cell located in over 30
worksheets in the same workbook to get a grand total of all those values? I
currently get a message back stating my formula is too long. Appreciate the
help!
--
-E
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
Try,
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet30!A44)
Change A44 for the cell where the totals are
If this helped you please say yes, thank you and Happy Holidays

"-E" wrote:

Happy Holidays! How can I SUM the value of the same cell located in over 30
worksheets in the same workbook to get a grand total of all those values? I
currently get a message back stating my formula is too long. Appreciate the
help!
--
-E

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
-E -E is offline

Perhaps I needed to state that each worksheet has a unique name (a person).
I did try going to the first worksheet, held down the shift key, then went to
the last worksheet, then entered the appropriate cell, but it didn't work.

Any further suggestions? Thanks!
--
-E

"-E" wrote:

Happy Holidays! How can I SUM the value of the same cell located in over 30
worksheets in the same workbook to get a grand total of all those values? I
currently get a message back stating my formula is too long. Appreciate the
help!
--
-E

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
-E -E is offline

Never mind my previous response. I went back and retried it and it did work!
Thanks so much!!! Happy New Year!
--
-E