Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I average my grades for my students

I have 20 students with 6 grades entered for most of them-How do I average
them?
--
sally nbct '02
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Suppose the 6 grades are in B1:G1 and the student name in A1, enter

=AVERAGE(B1:G1)

copy it down for all the students.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"sally nbct '02" <sally nbct wrote in message
I have 20 students with 6 grades entered for most of them-How do I average
them?
--
sally nbct '02

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And have a look at SUMPRODUCT if you want a final grade based on different
weighting for each mark.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme