Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I change the size of the text in a worksheet tab?

My tabs take up the whole botton and I have to scroll across to see them all.
The text is at least 12point.
--
dm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is a Windows setting (not Excel)
Right click your desktop and open Properties and experiment with setting in
the Appearance tab
Maybe Google to get more details
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Doug" wrote in message
My tabs take up the whole botton and I have to scroll across to see them
all.
The text is at least 12point.
--
dm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You cannot change the font of the tabs alone.

You can change the size of the tabs.

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Right-click on your Desktop and PropertiesAppearanceAdvanced

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Having said all that.................it is far easier to right-click on one
of the sheet navigation arrows to get a 15 sheet listing and "more".

You can build a Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra Dalgleish's
site. Sorts as well as navigates.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP